Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Question, Broken Camera, and Almond Roca Cookie Bars

I have a quick question.  Whenever I check my blog, 99.9% of the time I am on my laptop and the blog layout looks fine to me but last week I was on someone else's computer checking my blog and the layout was all over the place.  Everything on my sidebar was at the bottom of the page.  Is that how it looks to you?  If  so what web browser do you use?  I use Mozilla and I noticed the two other computers I was on use Internet Explorer.  I'm just curious if the type of web browser had anything to do with it.

 Another thing...I kind of feel like throwing a fit (is that allowed at 25?).  McKinley broke my camera!  I just bought it this summer.  It was my own fault for letting her play with it.  It was just a point and shoot camera, but it was a relatively nice point and shoot. Oh well, what's done is done.  I just don't feel like buying a third camera this year!

Onto the good stuff (with the terrible cell phone picture)....Almond Roca Cookie Bars!

My mom would make these around Christmas time and they were my favorite holiday treat.  The best part is they are easy to make!  I hope you like them.
Almond Roca Cookie Bars

1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 beaten egg yolk
2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
chocolate chips
crushed almonds or walnuts

Cream together butter and sugars, mix everything else in but chocolate chips and nuts.  Press onto a greased cookie sheet (it will be a very thin layer and the dough consistency will be similar to play dough).  Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes or until golden.  Pull out of the oven and while it's still semi hot sprinkle on chocolate chips, it doesn't take that much (maybe 1/2 a bag).  As the chips melt spread them with a rubber spatula.  Sprinkle on nuts.  Let cool and cut into bars.  Enjoy!

Since I am busy and camera-less I think I am going to have to say Merry Christmas already!  I hope it's a good one for you.  See you after the holiday!  

8 comments:

Vanessa Hewell said...

Your blog looks fine to me! Desktop/Google Chrome


Sorry to hear about your camera! That's a total bummer :(

Merry Christmas !!!

Hanie Ly said...

Looks fine to me too! Desktop/Google Chrome. :) Merry Christmas! Maybe you'll get a new camera from Santa. :P

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

It looks fine to me too. MOzilla. And sucks about your camera! Kids are the best.

Love your guts
mandi

Erin said...

Mozilla on my PC, Safari on my iPad - both look great. People still use IE?!?! :P

RonElaine said...

Your blog always looks fine to me, and we use both mozilla and explorer. Maybe it was just the specific computer - or there was a glitch loading the site.

I have anxiety about your camera! Ours is only point and shoot, and not super expensive, but I really like it! I would have major stress. Maybe Matt will get you one for Christmas?

We made crepes for Anna's (2nd!) birthday dinner and I thought of you!

Unknown said...

I used an iPad with Safari and it looks good!

Liz said...

Your blog looks great to me! And your Roca bars look fab!

I'm giving you a Stylish Blogger Award! Come and get it from my blog! http://fastdaze.blogspot.com/2010/12/award-time.html

Unknown said...

Hello,
your blog is to large for my internet Explorer........
Best wishes for 2011!
Carmen from Turin, Italy

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails