Thursday, October 21, 2010

White Chocolate and Cinnamon, Caramel Covered Apples


Back before I had McKinley, when I was working full time, I had a co-worker bring these in to share with everybody but I'm pretty sure I ate almost all of them because they are sooo good!  I couldn't stop myself, and I don't even usually like white chocolate!  This isn't an exact recipe but you can't really mess them up.

White Chocolate and Caramel Apples

-Apples, you can use any kind, but I think green Granny Smith apples would be perfect!
-12-15 caramels per apple.  The kind that is individually wrapped. Kraft sells them, or you can usually buy them by the pound this time of year.  You can also be an over achiever and make your own caramel :0)
-White chocolate (I used a bag of white chocolate chips which covered 5 apples)
-Cinnamon and Sugar, just enough to sprinkle over top
-1-2 Tbsp. water
-craft sticks (popsicle sticks)

1-Wash apples, remove core and stick in craft sticks.  Place apples aside in refrigerator.

2-Remove wrappers off the caramels and place them in a saucepan along with your water.  Melt caramels over medium low heat stirring constantly.  Melt caramels until they all come together but make sure it's not so hot that it's super runny (you want it to be slightly viscous still).

3-You can either dip your apples directly in the saucepan or you can transfer the caramel to a bowl that is tall and narrow so that you can cover the apples in one good dunk!  Dip your apple in the caramel, tip and swirl the apple until you get the desired coverage.  Lift the apple out of the caramel and let drip to remove any excess caramel to avoid a big pool at the bottom of your apple. If you want your apples to look "pretty" I would suggest melting more caramel and chocolate than you need so that you don't have to spoon the caramel on to have the last few apples covered. Place apples onto a lightly greased piece of wax paper on top of a plate and stick the apples in the refrigerator until cool and the caramel is set back up.

4-Melt the white chocolate.  I put the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.  Set your microwave to half power and microwave for 2 minutes.  Take it out stir until smooth and then if needed microwave the chocolate for additional 30 second intervals until you get it to the right consistency.

5-Dip your apples into the chocolate using the same process as in step 3.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and place apples back into the refrigator until cold.

Enjoy.  You are going to love them!  Not to torture you but, I am eating one as I type and it is HEAVENLY!
I will be linking up to some of these parties.  Check them out!

4 comments:

Erin A said...

Mmm, looks perfect! You don't need to convince me, I'm headed to the store to buy these ingredients! Thanks for posting!!

Jennifer Leigh said...

These look so delicious!! They look really pretty too. :)

Melissa said...

glad to find your fun blog. these look scrumptious!!!

Carol and David said...

I am so glad to find this blog. I had one of these apples in Utah about 10 years ago and have fantasized about them. I am going to try your recipe today! Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails