Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds


This is the easiest salad ever!  It is also very delicious.  My husband even loves it even though he thinks it looks like one of those girlie salads made for girl parties like baby and bridal showers.  

You can make this as fancy as you'd like by adding in lots of extras like mandarin oranges, cheese, red onion, etc or keep it simple like I do.  Don't get me wrong, I looove all the fancy extras that people have in this type of salad but I don't love taking a half hour just to make a side salad for dinner!  If a recipe is simple it's certainly going to be made way more often at my house than one that I have to have lots of different ingredients and time to make it.  This recipe makes quite a bit and the leftovers don't save so only make how much you will eat that night.

Strawberry Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds
1 bag Baby Spinach
2 lb Strawberries, sliced
1/3-1/2 cup Slivered Almonds, or Pecans
1-2 Tbsp. Sugar
Brianna's Homestyle Blush Wine Vinaigrette (or something similar, this is just what I use)


First you will toast the almonds or pecans.
  

1-Sprinkle the sugar into a small saucepan.  
2-Melt over medium heat while stirring constantly.  This happens really quick!  
3-Dump in your almonds or pecans and stir until coated and they smell "toasted".  I know I have zero scientific explanation of how to tell you when it's done but trust me you will smell the "toasted" smell.  It only takes a few seconds.  
4-Spread the almonds onto a piece of tinfoil or wax paper to cool for a couple minutes.  Once cool, break the pecans/almonds into chunks.  

Now all you have to do is toss everything together. Only mix in a little dressing at a time, just enough to coat everything.  A little goes a long way.  Serve immediately.

I'll be linking to a few of these places.  Check them out for more fun ideas.

7 comments:

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

ohhh yummy! I made a salad like this once, but I forgot all about it! This makes me want to make it again.

Unknown said...

My favorite dressing just sounds so perfect with that. Brittany Dressing! YUMMY!

destiny said...

I've tried a salad like this before and it was so good!! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to make it!!
{found you at Blue Cricket!}

Mikelle and Ben said...

That looks so good. I'm going to have to try this!

Marina said...

This looks so yummy!! I hope you don't mind I'm featuring you tomorrow at Justsewsassy.com!

Ashley said...

I have an award for you over @ my blog...check it out here:
http://craftsforarainyday.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-award.html

-Ashley

Megan said...

looks delicious! you can't go wrong with strawberries.

Megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails